Saturday, August 1, 2009

I forgot to put this picture in the last post: a non-sideways picture of Sammy on her birthday!In April, Glen moved to third shift, and the boys spent Thursdays down the road with Amy. Brooke (6 months younger than Tate) had just learned to ride her bike with no training wheels. Amy was motivated to have Tate learn too. She suggested a reward of a trip to the park once he got it--I think he held out for the park, McDonald's AND ice cream. :) Anyway, he did learn, and she took lots of great pictures for me:He doesn't care that it's a girls' bike. :) A day or so later, Glen taught Chase to ride without training wheels as well. He took right off. However, he's not been motivated to practice throughout the summer. Tate has been riding all through the yard all summer, but Chase usually just runs along.Tate was signed up for his first year of Little League, and he had to model his uniform the day we got it home. At one game, I turned and smiled at Sammy as we watched the ball hit out towards Tate in the outfield, completely unnoticed by him as he squatted and played with the grass. A few days later, he came to me crying because Sammy told him that I was laughing at him. Aren't big sisters wonderful?We spent a COLD day in early May at the Cono Relays. The kids practiced after school several times a week for about a month. They all participated in several races. Cono was second in each of the three divisions--elementary, junior high and high school--but won the overall trophy because the other schools did not have high schoolers. Whatever, we'll take it! This picture is of some of Cono's elementary team members with their coach, Miss Wilson. Notice Tate and Chase looking at the trophy, not at the camera! I can't believe all this happened three months ago!

No comments: