And yes, I could actually sit on the kids' slide! I started Weight Watchers (online) about 3 weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds. I'm not going to be crazy about it, but I've had gestational diabetes twice, and I've been talking about losing weight ever since Chase was born. He's 3-1/2.
Tate went to school last Friday morning. His teacher for next year is having he and Brooke (who will be his classmate next year) come on Friday mornings in May as a kindergarten roundup-type thing. He LOVED it. Sammy was worried that he'd bother her (since the classroom is K-3), but he didn't. The teacher said he did a great job. I know what I'm feeling about it now is nothing compared to next fall when he is actually in kindergarten, but I think it's harder on me for the younger ones to go off to school than it was with Britta. Being the oldest, she's supposed to do new things. Tate is just my little boy, you know, the little brother? He's counting the days again until Friday.
Chase and I went to city-wide garage sales in Independence on Friday while Tate was at school. The first one we went to, I immediately spied two NASCAR jello molds. I already have two, but I've been wishing for more (they only make 5 each) so that I could make them more quickly. The kids always gobble them up when I make them. I also bought some books and jeans, and only a few toys! But I was most excited about the jello car molds. :)
I fixed a picture of Glen's late police dog Drigon (his eyes had been glowing green), added the oil painting effect and had it printed as a 12x12 print. It's now hanging in Glen's office. I love playing with pictures!

2 comments:
I love when you update! :) I have found WW to be the easiest on which to lose weight. It's DOABLE, and the weight stays off. In august I started at 182 and by december I was 164...and it has stayed off for 5 months. It doesn't stay off with other plans. I think you just LEARN how many points everything is so it really gets into your mindset.
You're such a good mom.
Post a Comment